Protect Your Skin from Pollution
Those who stay in cities with busy roads, near factories / plants, and dense population, face the inevitable air and water pollution which is much higher than other areas.
Pollutants like smog, dust, traffic emissions, and smoke from burning waste are known to cause air pollution. Dust can clog pores and cause acne which can cause acne pits and blemishes. Free radicals are attached to pollutants like dust and aerosols (Reference – Wikipedia – Air Pollution) stick to skin, and the free radicals reduce oxygen levels, damage collagen structures and therefore lead to premature ageing.
What you can do to minimize the effect of pollutants:
- Covered clothing provides maximum protection in an area with high air pollution.
- Oily and sensitive skin needs extra care. Try to stay away from dusty places. Wash face more often to remove pollutants from skin.
- Apply a moisturizer (with added antioxidants, and which suits your skin type) always before stepping out.
- Detoxify your body by drinking lots of fruit juices, water and green tea.
- Exercise produces sweat, which cleanses skin of toxins and increases blood circulation, which means more nutrition reaches the skin. Taking a shower after sweating is extremely important to remove the toxins that came out with sweat.
- Skin exfoliation also helps in removing dead skin cells, dirt and dust particles from the skin surface.